Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ramadan Day 2

The second day of Ramadan went better than the first, since I now have groceries and packed myself a lunch.

I've been following a bit of the news about turmoil in Thailand - last week some protesters forcibly shut some airports and this week the PM declared a state of emergency in response to some kind of sustained unrest. The dissolution of parliament in the near future also, apparently, seems likely. South Korea and Singapore are urging people not to travel to Thailand, but Norway still seems to think it's fine, which is encouraging. I'm mainly interested because Stanley and Emmo will be traveling to Thailand soon. The positives? The exchange rate on the Baht should become more favorable between now and then, and after checking Expedia, I see that the roundtrip ticket I recently paid $800 for has only dropped to $640, not $0.75 like I feared.

No comments: