Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Annals Expand

Some of you may be aware that this month is "Breast Cancer Awareness Month". At work, we have a nice display to support the occasion filled with wonderful books about breast health.

The other day, this student grabs a book off the display and asks me, "Miss, have you read this book?" And I reply to her, no, I haven't read the book. And she says, "Miss, I need to ask you a question about this book." And as she's flipping through the pages with the full-color photographs of breasts, I'm thinking, ok, she's offended, this is inappropriate, I've got my spiel ready about how this is medical and you don't have to read it if you don't want to, et cetera. Then she lands on a page.

"Miss, look." She points.

"Yes?" I prompt.

"Miss, they're very.... eh... er.... low."

Feeling somewhat flabbergasted, and unsure of what the question actually is, I say, "...well yes, this is probably an older woman? That's normal....?" [insert raised eyebrows]

And after a pause, the student looks at me and asks, "Miss, is there any procedure to, uhh...." [cups a couple of air boobs with palms and lifts upward a couple of times].

2 comments:

Max Power said...

I almost got in trouble for laughing out loud at this story. I think my boss figured out that I was goofing off. Fucking hilarious story. I think it goes to show you that we're the same all over the world.

Midge said...

Ha! That is a great story. These girls sound so sweet.