Saturday, October 18, 2008

Staying out all night and then going on a Walk-A-Thon

So, two days ago I went out to Verre with Stanley and Emmo, and to learn more about this foray I highly recommend that you hear it from Emmo, as I'm sure she'll be posting in the next couple of days. Also there's a good new picture of our living room on her blog, you can see our new chairs and coffee table. It's almost a finished room!

I digress - back to the subject. Two days ago, we were out and consuming a variety of wines until 2:00 in the morning, after which we caught a cab home and crawled into bed about 2:30. No later than 6:00am, I was up and pulling on my dungarees to head out to the Burjuman breast cancer walkathon - pictured here. I'm somewhere in the middle-right of that crowd. At 6:00am, as I was regaining consciousness and trying to remember why the hell I had signed up for this, I got a text message from the other girl in my building who I was supposed to drive - she had to cancel, and for a good reason. Should I still go?, I mused in text message to the other girl I was supposed to meet at the place. She said, unequivocally, YES.
So, I dragged my certifiable jammie-clad pinked-out self down to the Burjuman, downed a few free bottles of water from our sponsor, Aquafina, and marched 3.6 kilometers around Dubai under the big hot sun with 5,000 other crazed philanthropic lunatics, their kids, and their dogs. Yes, it was fun.

1 comment:

Midge said...

Kudos for getting up for the walk! i have the worst time getting up early for things and if someone bails I probably will too.