Thursday, July 31, 2008

Official Damage Count

Alicia here. Incidentally, I didn't acquire any bloodborne-diseases from the mosquito attack. But a thorough inspection did reveal my previous estimates to be woefully low - in fact, I suffered a precise 72 bites on the left leg and 60 on the right, for a total much higher than I could have originally imagined. But, by now the bites are fading and I don't feel so bad rolling my pantlegs up to dip my toes in the ocean in front of the Frenchies. "Look at ze styupid Amerhikan," I imagined them saying. "She sinks zat she eez immune to sufferhing? Zat she eez above zee bug sprhay?"

1 comment:

Midge said...

A tad late but . . . I can't believe you had that many bites! I was feeling sorry for myself because I had 25+ on my legs. I went to buy some anti-itch stuff for mine and the clerk told me that mosquito bites were part of the "circle of life."