Friday, May 23, 2008

New Stuff


Alicia here. In honor of Stanley's new job, we went shopping yesterday, after going out for an AWESOME brunch at More cafe (right). Dan had the best eggs benedict he's ever tasted. I had an omelette. They served us up bowls of fresh fruit, rustic breads and croissants, jams, lattes, and fresh squeezed juices. Then we went to the counter for a bunch of other stuff; chicken tarragon, balsamic lamb, beef provencal, cumin potatoes, and some caramelized banana bread and chocolate tart for dessert. Having scraped by without eating any cake, and therefore technically sticking to my get fit programme, I left in a good mood, feeling quite fat and sassy.

We rolled down to Wafi to cruise the rug scene since someone around here seems intent on purchasing a rug (I could wait until next year, personally) but didn't end up looking at rugs at all. We stumbled upon a suit shop selling cotton, silk and cashmere suits for next to nothing so Dan stopped in a bought one.  They're tailoring it now so it'll be ready to pick up tonight. A pretty sharp suit I'd say. With the class-factor balance between us having just been suddenly skewed, I picked myself up a new pair of classy sunglasses. Balance restored.

No comments: