Saturday, May 3, 2008

Driving!

Friday afternoon we killed most of our day in a spanish tapas bar.

Yesterday we rented a Honda City and did some driving. Made a couple of wrong turns, got stuck in some traffic, successfully navigated a crowded parking lot, successfully found our way home. No deaths, no dismemberments along the way.

Last night spent some time sitting on the patio, consuming an adult beverage and watching the city lights, listening to the traffic and enjoying the night breeze. Quite relaxing. That was right after I crushed Dan twice in a row at abalone (a game he has still never won) and executed a handy hold 'em victory to boot. Some people wager something sensible on heads up hold 'em; a massage, a home-cooked meal, a car wash. Today, Dan will be researching current local issues in the UAE and creating topic guides to distribute to our students. I am a vicious one.

1 comment:

Stanley said...

Not accurate. I beat you once at Abalone. The first time we played it. You've trounced me every time since, it's true, but let the record show that I do have one victory to my name.

I have no excuse for the Hold-Em loss.