Monday, May 5, 2008

How many Oscars has Alfred Hitchcock won?

The correct answer is: 0. That and many other feats of trivia were on display this evening at Aussie Legends in the Rydges Plaza Hotel where Dan and I met up with Robin, Margo and Shaz for quiz night.  The five of us collectively went by 'Smard'.  Coming in at a respectable 5th place as a team, we didn't win any free stuff (Shaz won a free drink in a one-off mid-round), but we did have a great time and learn a lot of useless facts that we for sure won't remember tomorrow.

Dan really cleaned house on the movie-quotes portion of the quiz, and we contributed a couple of other valuable tidbits (like identifying American pop-alternative song and artist for 1 point on the arts & entertainment round) but couldn't pull through to beat the other teams. There's always next time.

I had to stay clean & sober to drive us home, which I did without successfully killing anybody or getting killed (I tried a few times) and, despite being stone cold sober, still managed to have fun! I'll tell the kids it can be done. I'm pretty sure the penalty for DUI is 40 years hard labor, and/or death, and/or dismemberment. And/or deportation to Australia. Didn't want to risk anything.

I am swearing for the third time this week, and this time I really, really mean it, that after I wake up tomorrow, I am NOT having ANY more CAKE. I am DONE with the cake. Not one more piece of cake. Seriously. 


2 comments:

Max Power said...

Dan always has, and always will be my bitch when it comes to trivia. I have a trophy. He has a story about what could have been.

Anonymous said...

Listen Max,

You know who your daddy is. Let's not forget that was a TEAM competition. Head to head you couldn't handle me. It's like Andre Kirilenko talking shit to Tracy McGrady.