Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Does this guy look important?

Sheikh Nahyan, ruler of the great nation of the United Arab Emirates, today visited our college to give a variety of speeches and attend a variety of events, including a graduation. This is on the scale of, say, President Bush visiting your school in the US... except without the protests. I didn't realize he was here until I walked outside to get my lunch and ran into his entourage, which was composed of about 60 people including some scary looking body-guard types. Then, in the lunch line, my avenue was crammed with big tall dishdasha-clad boys! What a sight. I think the ladies were quite enthused about all the male presence on campus.

Anyway, I'm starting to wonder how they keep those dishdashas so white. Maybe they buy new ones every few weeks? What's the secret? If I could keep my whites that white, I'd be working for Tide.

No comments: