Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Darts

Tennis is over, but Darts are in full-swing. This week was Sports Day, (Sports Day = a 3-day event) and I was assigned to supervise the Darts activity for a large number of giggly students clad in stiletto heels under their black abayas - most of whom (I would say, at least 100%) had never seen a dart in their lives.

It was certainly good fun, despite the fact that I was also asked (read: required) to come to work for three days in gym attire. By the end of the third day (Darts day) I was wishing I had an abaya to cover up the wrinkled standard-issue tee-shirt I'd been wearing for half the week. But... at least -I- had the good sense not to come to Sports Day in stilettos. "Ladies!" I gasped at them, exasperated. "You'll never hit the center of the board in those!!"

They don't care, of course - they're just there to have fun, and as long as they're not tagging passers-by, that's ok with me. I didn't even bother to explain the points system.

No comments: