Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Diamond-studded Credit Card?



I just saw this in the local newspaper - a credit card that actually comes with an actual diamond embedded in it. It is called the "Royale Card" and is offered to members of the higher eschelons of local society as an invitation-only no preset limit credit card. There's a full-page ad in a magazine that actually says, "Imagine how your guests will be impressed when you pull it out to pay at dinner" or something to that end. I think this goes in the "only in Dubai" pile. I mean... think about it: they're actually ISSUING a DIAMOND to somebody.

3 comments:

Max Power said...

I don't think it's that weird. My credit card is covered in rhinestones. Of course, I hot-glued them on myself because they look pretty.

Alicia said...

Are your guests impressed when you whip it out at dinner?

Stanley said...

I was impressed when Max whipped it out last night at dinner. The rest of the guests thought he should have waited for a more private moment.