Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Right right right... I live in a desert

I'm starting to believe I live with Al Gore. "Shut the fridge for Al Gore", "Turn down the A/C for Al Gore", "Wait wait, I have to switch off the lights for Al Gore". If I ever meet Al Gore, I'm going to ask him to give me my pre-Inconvenient Truth life back.

Today on my walk home from work I swallowed a lot of sand, and it actually didn't taste that bad - kind of salty. But the point is, the weather the last couple of days has been rather horrendous. It's not very hot, but it's incredibly windy and damp. I put my clothes out to dry all night, and in the morning they are still wet and need to be re-washed. Then I walk home from work and get my minerally-dense dinner right from the air. Reason number 489 to carry a scarf: mouth and nose mask.

Tomorrow is the Iftar dinner at school - I'll be breaking fast at 6:24pm with a few hundred of my closest college cohorts, friends & family, and maybe get some henna done. I can't promise I'll try to take pictures, but I can at least promise I'll try to try.

3 comments:

Stanley said...

For those who don't know: Al Gore watches over all of us from his secret, invisible, solar-powered blimp. Like Santa Claus. Or Jesus. He sees you when you turn up the A/C so you can snuggle up under an extra blanket. Oh yes. He sees.

Max Power said...

For a minute there, I thought I was reading Emily's blog. "Jeez, the food in Melaka sounds terrible."

emmo said...

Surely Al Gore understands the importance of being able to snuggle up under a blanket with a good book? And sometimes (like, say, if you're in Malaysia or Dubai) the A/C is the only way to make that happen... What am I supposed to do, just not use a blanket? That's crazy talk...