Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Graduation Day


Alicia here. Last night, I celebrated my final working night of the academic year - the last night that I had to stay until 8pm to keep the place open. For the rest of the year, it was going to be smooth sailing - in at 7:45, out at 4:45. Then today, I learned that we're all required to stay late for next week's graduation ceremony.  So, I guess I'm learning never to celebrate too early.

Not that it will be bad, since around here when we say "graduation ceremony", we really mean... Fashion Show!!! It's a women-only event, and it's really lovely and everything to see these young ladies getting to enjoy the culmination of all their hard work and move on to the next phase in life, but the really fun part is going to be the gowns (lets not kid ourselves). They'll be dressed to the nines; and chances are, we'll get some less-than-stringent abaya coverage in order to fully appreciate those gorgeous get-ups.

There are no cell-phones, no cameras, and absolutely no photography or sketching of any kind allowed, so I'll have only my razor-sharp memory to rely on. Recap pending.

No comments: