Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Dubai Tiger Beat

Ok here's the scoop. I totally, TOTALLY locked eyes with Sheikha Hind, wife of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum vice president of the UAE and ruler of Dubai, when she shook my hand. She was soooo beautiful!!! And she had this GORGEOUS ornate jewel-encrusted gown on. I didn't know I was going to get up close - but I did!!

Now I can say I've touched royalty. I won't wash my hand for a week.

In other news, the graduation ceremony was great but kept me up late. The students all were equally decked out and looked absolutely fantastic. By the end of the night I was falling asleep on my feet but maintained a healthy level of enthusiasm (in part via the consumption of six or seven juice boxes) in order to support what was clearly a grand moment for many of them. Smile smile, mabruk mabruk, congratulations, mashallah! your hair! Gorgeous! 

No comments: