Monday, June 16, 2008

Dubai Celebritology

Our graduation ceremony tomorrow is going to be attended by Sheikha Hind, senior wife of H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, ruler of Dubai. Sheikh Mo is below left, Ms. Hind's photo is remarkably hard to come by. On the other hand, Jr. wife Princess Haya of Jordan, right, is quite readily accessible in the media. They just had a baby in 2004. Out of Sheikh Mohammed's first 7 male and 10 female children, one has been named crown prince of Dubai: H.H. Sheikh Hamdan, below right. The ladies love him. How could you not? Just look at that face. In order to go see Hind and the graduates tomorrow, I've been issued a gown. It's just like when I graduated college!! No cap, though. I just hope she speaks in English, otherwise it'll be a wash (for me).

In other celebrity news, I read an article in the paper yesterday (the local paper, mind you), saying that Michael Jackson might be starting a Vegas show. I mean, I guess you've got to pay the bills somehow, but seriously. I hope, for the sake of everything good and true, that this plan doesn't come to fruition. 

2 comments:

Max Power said...

Oh my god, am I reading my friends' blog, or Dubai Tiger Beat? Totally dreamy!

Midge said...

Wow that H.H. Sheikh Hamdan is such a dream boat.