Monday, April 21, 2008

More Quips and Quotes

At the circulation desk.
3 Students: Miss, may we say something?
Me: Certainly.
3 students: We think you have a pretty face.
___________________________

In the library.
Student, to staff member, referring to me: Miss, where'd that Japanese teacher go?
___________________________

In class.
Me: Alright class, we've talked about what kinds of resources are available to you, how you can use those resources, and how you can find those resources. Are there any questions?
Student: Yes, Miss. What is your nationality?
___________________________

Passing a group of students on the way out the door.

Me: Good morning ladies.
Students: Good morning, Miss Philippina!!
___________________________

In the coffee shop.
Students: Miss, where are you from?
Me: Where do you think I'm from?
Student 1: We're not sure. We think you might be from Russia. Or Iraqi.
Student 2: No! She is from America. Right?
Me: Correct.
Student 2 (proudly): I can tell the difference in the English accents so I know who is from America and who is from Australia.

2 comments:

Max Power said...

I feel awkward. I've been telling everyone you're an Inuit from Alaska. Is my face red, or what?

Stanley said...

I'm going to go with Pacific Islander. Pacific Islander girls are smokin hot.