Sunday, April 20, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

(Student, shouting from across the courtyard): Miss Aliiiicia!
Me: Miss Afra!
Student: Did you have a good weekend?
Me: Why yes, I was here working for most of it. Quite splendid indeed.
Student: Why were you working so much?
Me: I love my job. What did you do this weekend?
Student: I went to Wild Wadi! [note to reader: Wild Wadi is a water park.]
Me: Sounds like fun.
Student: I wore a bikini!
Me: Ooh la la! Aren't you a brave one.
Student: It was mixed.
Me: Even more fun. Did you go with your friends?
Student: No, my friends can't go when it's mixed because their families don't like it.
Me: But your family allows you to go?
Student: Yes. My family is open-minded.
Me: So you had fun by yourself in your bikini with the boys?
Student: Yes.

Ah, youth.

1 comment:

Midge said...

Sounds like fun to me too!