Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mickey Boo Boo

My South African friend says that "Mickey Blue Eyes" was actually a hilarious movie and she can't understand why it wasn't received well in the States. "Americans have no sense of humor", she asserts.

It's 7:30 in the morning and there is a HUGE thunderstorm going on outside. I guess there was some hail as well. The road out front appears to be partially flooded. I keep waiting for my boss to call and tell me it's unsafe to come to work, but so far no dice. The crappy part is, we went out for dinner last night and left the car at the hotel, so Mr. Man has to take a cab back to his car this morning, and I have to walk to work in the flood.

Speaking of which, Mr. Man valet parked the crapulator at the hotel last night. I'm glad I arrived there early with our friend and didn't have to witness this scene. 

Anyway we went for seafood buffet, which could have gone either way, but it went the FanTAStic way. They had absolutely phenomenal service, wine & spirits included, seared tunas, sushi, prawns, crabs, calamaris, a little station where you could tell the chef to cook you up some prawns in white wine with butter and garlic and things, the whole shish kebab. MAN it was good. Then we took a cab home... and here I sit, the following morning, waiting and waiting and waiting for the weather to.. "let up".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stanley said...

Alicia- Do you ever intend to post as yourself again? Or will you be using my login from now on?