Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Welcome to Oz

Things are a little funny around campus at this point, as the students are all out of class and participating in some kind of huge giant all-encompassing active-learning event which involves the buying and selling of goods and services. One student is asking me if I want to purchase a tattoo from her tattoo shop. She shows me an example on her lower abdomen: "It's playboy!" She tells me.

Another student flags me down to peruse a collection of eggs filled with dirt and seeds which, once cracked open and watered, will sprout a plant with a message ("Thank you", "miss you", "condolences", "thinking of you") in three days' time.

There are billiard tables outside, loud American hip-hop music playing, all manner of strange and unusual snacks sweets and treats for sale, and no classes and the library is closed. A fine couple of days to be completely drained of energy - which I am, after staying up very very late at my friend's house last night watching season 6 of America's Next Top Model. We're down to five contestants, and that Jade needs to GO, for real.

I spent my day today catching up on acquisitions (to the fine beats of Timbaland) and discovered I have got to spend a LOT of money before January 20. Shoppy shop!

No comments: