Saturday, November 22, 2008

Libraries are the same all over

Yesterday I spent my afternoon ratcheting together Ikea furniture, with the aid of our acquisitions technician, to hold up our "Eid Read" display. I have this sneaking suspicion that, no matter what position I hold, no matter where I am in the world, as long as I'm in library work, I can still be called apon at any time to assemble low-cost improvised furnishings. This is also true for pretty much everyone else in the library word. Our acquisitions tech is getting her MLS currently. "Have they taught you the proper allen wrench technique?" I asked her.

It being Saturday today, and me being at work all day at a closed campus with nothing resembling lunch facilities, I am STARVING. And you know what starving means? Bad, bad choices. I've implored Mr. Man to pick me up and drive me straight to MacDo. Mmmm.

No comments: