Friday, October 3, 2008

My wireless keyboard seems to be running out of batteries

...but that won't stop me from listing my six quirks after being tagged by Midge. I know you all just had to read Dan-O's six quirks, but this is how these things work, it's like a chain letter, you're bound to get 10 or 20 in the same week. Speaking of which, when I was a small child, my mother absolutely forbade me from participating in the chain-letter scheme, and I can't for the life of me figure out why, because it only would have cost 12 stamps. 12 stamps is a small price to pay to let a child figure out that forwarding chain letters returns no benefit, a lesson that I didn't learn until I was 23. Thanks, Mom.

Quirk #1: Use of non-existent vocabulary to describe the surrounding world and effect communications. Examples: "Ahkamini" (ice cream) "Leekoo" (tickle) "scatchy" (scratchy) "Shoe-en and Socken" (shoes and socks) "Yaka" (jacket) "Sammy" (sandwich).

Quirk #2: Wholesale elimination of certain English words from use, in favor of Spanish ones. Examples of English words I haven't said in a least a year: "Towel" (toalla), "Let's go" (vamonos), "Ready" (listo), "Excellent" (excelente), "Map" (mapa) "Bush" (gringo malo).

Quirk #3: Crippling, deathly fear of spiders - a physical reaction to the sight of any spider which leaves me unable to speak clearly, think, or save myself.

Quirk #4: Addiction to news & political analysis.

Quirk #5: Can't, physiologically, actually get drunk. I'll drink myself into a coma before I"ll forget where we parked the car or lose the ability to properly calculate an 18% tip.

Quirk #6: Uncanny ablity to decipher Radiohead lyrics.

No comments: