Monday, May 12, 2008

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful...


But the fire is so delightful? It is 7:58 am here and 90 degrees fahrenheit. The wacky morning DJ on the radio claims today's high is 43, which equates to something like 109.4 fahrenheit.


But, it's a beautiful day with sunny clear blue skies and humidity hovering around a mere 30%. This is the kind of day which is good for laying on the roof working on a tan, or skin cancer. It occurs to me that I'm still buying a piping hot, fresh cuppa cafe au lait every morning. Tomorrow I think I'll switch to iced coffee.

3 comments:

Stanley said...

Ya see, sweetheart, here's the rules: You live in the freaking middle east, you don't complain about the weather. Especially in May. When we get to temperatures that we've never imagined before, then we can maybe complain. But right now? Sheeeiiiit. The only proper response to this stuff is: "This? Yeah, I guess it's a little warm. Now that you mention it. Maybe. I sorta like it." (Which I believe you said this morning).

Midge said...

Sounds like we should probably visit in the winter then.

Max Power said...

I love that picture.

"The eye is upon me... I can feel its gaze."

That's a Lord of the Rings reference by the way.