Monday, February 11, 2008

Dan



What is Dan doing? Dan is the kind of adventurin' man who isn't scared to pick up stocks and move halfway around the world on more or less a whim. (Note: I would have said "pull up stakes" if Emily hadn't coined that far superior phrase regarding stocks.) As a traveling partner, I can imagine few better. The man always carries a knife and dry pair of socks, he can build a tent in under 10 minutes, and he can drive any vehicle at hand. A man of distinctive taste, he can also select a highly appropriate fine wine or liquor for any dinner gathering, and can read road signs, maps and menus in several languages. These skills and attributes leave nary a situation too sticky to handle- and if it really comes right down to it, he can also box. Dan isn't much of a letter-writer, so I'll try to post my observations on his activities and behaviors somewhat regularly for the benefit of those who know him. Right now he is repairing a household appliance.

2 comments:

Max Power said...

This blog is hilarious. It's also true. I especially like the photo. Dan is so comfortable in any element he can eat cereal calmly, even as shit goes down all around him.

SingerMamaMelody said...

Hi Alicia & Dan :)

Could you email me your new address? I'd love to send you our letter & photo for this year.

Lots of love,
Melody