Thursday, August 6, 2009

Adios, America!

In the last month of not posting, we've been extraordinarily busy. In a few days, it will be adios, America, and I have to say, I'm looking forward to getting back "home" to Dubai, despite the fact that it is 115 degrees over there. I'll start relaying some of the more interesting anecdotes from my July adventures in dribs and drabs here and there, but lets start by examining the main reasons I'm looking forward to getting home.


#1 - I miss my man, pictured below.

...he had to go back early to work. He did get that monkey off his back.

#2 - I want to be able to go to the doctor and not have to pay. I have health insurance EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD except the USA and Canada. Naturally, I'm sick.

#3 - I miss ordering gyros delivery and vegging out on the couch and watching football.

#4 - I haven't studied a lick of Arabic since leaving the UAE, except for while sitting in a jungle lodge in Peru playing with Micah's iPod touch, which has some kind of language quick-reference thingy installed on it. If you're lost in a seedy souq somewhere in the backstreets of Marrakech at night, you can whip out your trusty iPod touch and flip to the arabic pronunciation for "don't come near me, I have leprosy and a pocket full of poisonous spiders," and just put it on repeat, then wander around all night looking for your hotel without fear.

No comments: