Thursday, April 9, 2009

It's a wedding!!

I have been invited to a wedding! A student is getting married next Wednesday. I'm sure it will be quite an experience. I had the following questions and asked someone more experienced for the answers:

Q. What do I wear?
A. Dress to the nines. It's all ladies, so feel free to shake whatcha got.

Q. What do I bring?
A. Nothing

Q. Do I need to bring the invitation to get in?
A. No.

Q. Where do I sit?
A. Someone will show you.

Q. What happens at the wedding?
A. You eat a LOT of food and talk and marvel at all the gowns. The bride doesn't come in until late, and when she does, she walks up the red carpet and perches on the couch and then the everybody lines up to walk past her and congratulate her.

Q. Is there any talking in English?
A. Very little, but people will do their best to engage you.

Q. What about the groom?
A. He comes in WAY later. IF you stay that late, bring a shawl to cover up.

Should be very educational. I'll provide a full interpretation after the event.

1 comment:

Midge said...

I want complete details on this wedding, sounds like a great experience and a great time.