Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Alright, that's it.

It's time to act like a girl in her 20s and hit the club. I think I'll start at The Lodge, as soon as I can scrape together some girlfriends who want to to shake it, shake it. I guess I might have to wait until next weekend since the man is flying in this weekend, unless the man wants to shake it, shake it with us.  

Today Priya tried her very first chocolate fondue, courtesy "Swiss Week" in the cafeteria. A group of students just got back from Switzerland and brought a little Swiss culture with them. From what I can tell, the Swiss live on chocolate-covered strawberries which they eat while perched on the tops of alpine peaks in shiny red toboggans. 

I tried some of Priya's cooking today, which she brought me in a re-sealable plastic container from home.  It was a delicious chicken curry. She told me it was mild, and I agreed that it was mild. But after I'd sampled the fare, she stopped by my desk and asked, "Did you vahm-it?" And, somewhat shocked, I immediately replied, "No! Of course I didn't vomit." And she said, "nooooooo, did you VAHM it?"  Aha yes, I did in fact warm it. 

1 comment:

Max Power said...

Hilarious. Simply hilarious. It sounds like you're making friends fast out there. Somehow I doubt Stanley will catch on as quickly. Then again... he does like to shake it, shake it.