Friday, June 5, 2009

Random Saturday Update

I went to the mall by taxi the other day and was dropped off at the "VIP" entrance. They had red carpets and guys decked out in ostentatious gold arabesque suits and white gloves to open the taxi cab door for me. 

This week we've been watching the French open. Due to the time difference, it comes on after work, which is convenient.  While I was at work on Thursday, Obama gave his speech in Cairo. We streamed it on the laptop and hooked it up to the big screen in the meeting room and put it on the big speakers. ("We" being the three Americans in the vicinity.) I think: if that guy can't achieve world peace, then it's really, really gonna come down to Miss America.

We're getting ready to come home to America in a couple of weeks for vacation, and I've never vacationed in Portland before so I think it's going to be fun. 

Other than that, not much news to speak of around here. 

No comments: