Friday, January 9, 2009

Sabado Gigante

It's Saturday today, and Stanley is being required to attend at work, it being the beginning of a new semester over there, so I'm home alone with some time on my hands.

Our neighborhood is really shaping up over here - they just opened a Subway around the block (delivery starts in a week) and it looks like they're putting in a park across the road. The roads are all paved now and most of the buildings still under construction are nearing completion. On our block we've got a host of restaurants, a hospital, a foreign exchange, a mosque, a car rental agency, a Starbuck's, a couple of small grocery stores, a ladies saloon (haven't tried), a gents' saloon (adequate), a dry cleaner, and a travel agency, and now we're about to have a park up the road cattycorner. The main things we're missing are two: A larger grocery store, and a bar. Other than that, it's pretty good.

I also just learned that Stanley can make use of the ladies only fitness center on Saturdays, which means I've now got a squash buddy. Mmmm, squash!

It's one more week until I have two weeks off and my mom comes to visit. Can't wait!

No comments: