Sunday, October 5, 2008

Stanley and Emmo come hoooome!

Boy, being home alone is starting to get REALLY boring. After all the initial partying, I've really started to run out of ideas. In the last couple of days, I've been scraping the bottom of the barrel.

* Finishing Cryptonomicon, sneaking ahead on House of Leaves, grabbing random chapters out of whatever else is on the shelf until I go blind
* Writing imaginary scenes into Sarah Palin's life ("Sarah orders off-menu at Sherry's; Sarah goes through airport security; Sarah writes a letter to the Alaska Statesman)
* Randomly cruising YouTube
* Working my way through the first 14 modules of "Learn to Read the Qur'an" online for the 4th time

On the weekends or holidays it's easy to go hang out with people, but on a work night, you're stuffed. I could tell I was feeling cranky this morning because every time my boss said "All's you have to do is.." or "All's it is is"... I felt my teeth cracking open.

1 comment:

emmo said...

Dude, I can't wait to come hang out with you in Dubai. This trip has been awesome, but it would have been even better if you'd been able to come to Thailand... All's you had to do is have a boss who doesn't totally and completely suck... ;-D