Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Scared Straight

May Nom Es Alicia. Work is getting better. Today I went to "personality dimensions" and discovered I'm "green". That means I should have chosen engineering as a profession, I have no tolerance for emotional outbursts, and I take a loooooooooong time to make decisions. I can't wait to show Dan my score, so that he can better understand why I take a half-hour to choose between two brands of kitchen towel.

I also watched a great video on plagiarism that the college shows all the students and makes them sign that they have viewed and understand. The main crux of the plot is that a young, abaya-clad student shoos away her conscience (here embodied as her angelic self clad in a white abaya), cheats on a paper, and watches her future unravel as she is dismissed from college, the news media reports it to the whole city, her parents express their shame and disappointment, and no one will agree to marry her, after which her father dies of a heart attack. It's really very dire, and would scare the sh*t out of me if I was even THINKING about cheating.

No comments: