Friday, August 15, 2008

Blacklist

Stanley here. I met a guy at work from Iraq, ("The Fifty-First State, he calls it) and one thing lead to another, we started discussing music over lunch in the cafeteria, I found out quickly his musical tastes run the gamut from "Metal" all the way to "Death Metal", and before I know it Alicia and I are joining him and a few of his friends at a local bar for "Blacklist" the local metal night at Touch (a club at the Four Points Sheraton - Wednesday nights - free before 10). We showed up early, tossed back a few scotches, got introduced to the members of a local Metal band, quietly sighed with relief that we'd trusted our instincts and worn black, hung out with the group for awhile, drank numerous tequila shots, swore we'd go to their next show, and basically enjoyed being part of the "Dubai Metal Scene" for the night. Surprisingly (or not surprisingly, I guess) it was a freaking blast.

3 comments:

Max Power said...

I hope your fingers aren't too worn out from making the deathmetal hand sign. Hook 'em Satan!

Alicia said...

I was trying to throw "Westside" signs all night just to mix it up, but the Iraqi guy wasn't having it.

Anonymous said...

That totally rocks! Went to the Crue concert here last week! ROCK ON!