Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hello Moto

Alicia here. Spent some more time putzing around dirt lanes and winding paths through some Indian jungle on the motorbike today. Yesterday while swimming in the sea, Dan experienced a sharp circular pain about the ankle which he feared might be a jellyfish. Today, about a mile North, we wandered along the beach and saw about 50,000 dead jellyfish washed up along the shore. In retrospect, I think he got off lightly. It looked just like this:


Which, so far as I can tell, is a portuguese man-o-war. But the ones we saw were all pretty small, and man-o-war's are supposed to have an average tentacle length of 3 feet. So I feel like it couldn't have been those. But... maybe they were. Either way, I think we'll stay out of the water for now.

2 comments:

Max Power said...

Please, please tell me you peed on his leg... just in case.

Alicia said...

Well, come on, that's a given.